Monday, August 18, 2014

Homeward Bound

Dear family,

it´s been a full week, and a good week. I´m just breathing in everything about Spain and the mission because I already know I´ll miss them both. At the moment I feel more Spanish than American and more missionary than... civilian?

Vicenta was baptized, and everything went well- she seems really happy, and her family is excited to follow her and be baptized too. 

Tania is doing well- her husband Javi almost forbade her from bringing Ricardo and Blanca to church (saying we were going to "brainwash them"), but they all showed up Sunday morning, and I was so happy to see them. Tania is just a wonder. I´m so grateful I got to know her, and I hope more than anything that she can have a gospel centered/united family someday.

We keep finding new investigators, so I´m happy to see that Jerez is growing and will continue to grow. I´m still working hard, I´m still loving every minute. 

I´m so grateful for the mission and for everything I´ve learned from it. I know I´ve grown in ways I needed to by coming here- more than anything in my love for the gospel and everyone around me. I think that´s what I´ll miss more than anything- being able to set aside personal decisions and worries and focus more entirely on the Lord and others. 

I know that this is the Lord´s work- He can do it Himself, but He lets us experience and learn from it as well, and grow together as members of the same celestial family. I know that He knows us personally and guides our lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and that He restored His church to the Earth so we can know the way back to His presence.

I´ll see you all soon.

Love, Hna. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment