Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Companion



Dear family, 

I was very neglectful and completely forgot to mention my new companion- I´ll only be with her 2 weeks in total, but I love her- her name is Hna. Camacho, she´s got Mexican parents, but she´s American. She´s bold and outgoing and loving- just a great addition to our companionship. I know she´ll take care of the people when I´m gone. Oh, and she was an fhe sister of cousin Bedda, so that´s cool.

This week was pretty miraculous- we taught a lot of lessons, found a lot of new investigators, and even more potential investigators. One of my favorite stories from this week was chasing down a beautiful flamenco voice in a gypsy neighborhood and teaching the family when we found them. 

Tania is doing so well- one of my favorite things about her is that even though most of her family has rejected her invitations to hear about or come to church, she continues to invite them. After a relief society lesson about eternal marriage and exaltation, she sat her husband down and talked about how she wanted to save the whole family,and not just herself. He still might not take her seriously, but she takes this seriously. Her daughter in Ecuador said we could send the missionaries to her house to teach her. Tania is so converted.

I´ve also been neglectful in not mentioning Vicenta for weeks- she´s preparing for baptism for this Saturday- has been preparing for a while- I guess I´m just so enamored with Tania´s family I haven´t mentioned Vicenta nearly enough. She´s changed a lot since we first taught her. She always showed interest, but bluffed about the reading assignments and didn´t seem truly committed, but now everything has changed- she teaches us what she learns from the Book of Mormon, comes to church on Sundays, came to a ward baptism and loved it. Things are going really well with her- she says she´ll teach me to dance the Sevillana (flamenco) before I leave, and make me a big jug of gazpacho- she´s as spanish as they get. She is a sweetheart, and her family is sad I´m leaving too- she´s used to us coming and going on intercambios and asked "so when you leave in two weeks, you´re coming back, right?" I shook my head and they all went wide eyed- I think everyone´s intent on breaking my heart. The daughters are planning on being baptized my first Saturday home- I´m happy for them and hope they continue strong- I´ll send pictures with them when I have some- or I´ll just show you when I´m home.

I can´t believe it´s coming so fast- I wish I could slow it down. Be patient with me if I have emotional breakdowns- especially since i¨ll be jetlagged. I love you all, and am so grateful for the mission. I wouldn´t trade this time for anything. I know that the message I share is true, and I´m determined to share it the best I can in the time I have left and throughout my life. 

Love, Hna. Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment