Monday, July 7, 2014

Week Long Birthday

Dear family,

I just had the best birthday week of my life. On my actual birthday, after travelling home from Málaga, we took cake to a recent convert family- it was also the birthday of Soraya (the one holding the cake with me). We´re trying really hard to help her come back to the church, but she hasn´t been there one Sunday. We took the rest of the cake to Tania´s house- then a day later found out it was her birthday later in the week, so we had two birthday parties with her. All the missionaries in my zone gave me a surprise birthday party on the train from Sevilla to Jerez after zone conference, and throughout the week, missionaries called me to wish me a happy birthday. Oh, and Hna. Nielsen brought me a poem that Jose Angel wrote and dedicated to the two of us- it´s really beautiful, and talks about his conversion. 

Other great birthday presents: we were finally able to teach all of Tania´s family. Her husband actually watched the restoration video with us, and even though he hasn´t committed anything, he says that what we taught is beautiful. 

We also taught a woman named Vicenta- she was the reference of recent convert named Amor. We invited her and her daughters to listen, and now Vicenta and Samara are preparing to be baptized on August 9. Her daughter Estefania told her mom (when we weren´t there) that she wants to be baptized too. They´ve all come to church and are reading the Book of Mormon.

We were also able to teach Marcos´s family, which has been a battle- he´s been embarrassed before to let us teach them (hate to think about what that says about us :) but there is so much potential. His wife insists she´s very catholic, but she likes us a lot and always tries to feed us. His 22 year old daughter Cissy has a lot of potential- so does her boyfriend, Alejandro. They are those in the world but not of the world kind of people. 

Honestly, there is nothing I would have done differently this week. Keep my investigators in your prayers if you remember to. They are my world and my family out here, and I love them even more than I expected I would... and I did expect to. 

I love you all and have you in my prayers. 

Love, Hna. Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment